Starting a Business in Queen Creek

The Town of Queen Creek and its community partners are here to help.

Town of Queen Creek Economic Development Department

The Town of Queen Creek Economic Development Department thanks you for choosing Queen Creek as the community to start your business. The Economic Development team can assist you with the following:

  • Make introductions
  • Provide one-on-one consultations
  • Provide data reports
  • Perform a site search for office, retail, industrial, and land for sale or lease in Queen Creek

Queen Creek Planning Division

Services Provided:

  • Answer questions about zoning and permitting

Located at the Queen Creek Municipal Services Building
22358 S Ellsworth Rd.
(480) 358-3092

Information on permits, including tenant improvements, occupancy permits and signage.
Development Services
(480) 358-3009

Obtain a Queen Creek business license.
Town Clerk Department
(480) 358-3211
Apply online:

The Following Business Services Are Available:

Gangplank Queen Creek

Services Provided:

  • Free access to prototyping equipment and co-working space
  • Community events and classes

Located in Downtown Queen Creek
22240 S Ellsworth Rd.


Services Provided:

  • Connect employers with local talent
  • Connect job seekers with employers
  • Access to area hiring events

Located at the Queen Creek Library
21802 S Ellsworth Rd.
(602) 697-8521

AZ APEX Accelerator

Services Provided:

  • Provide the education and training to ensure that all businesses become capable of participating in federal, state, and local government contracts.

Located at the Communiversity
21740 S Ellsworth Rd.
(623) 845-4700

Small Business Development Center

Services Provided:

  • Prepare businesses for lending
  • Assist businesses navigate exporting products abroad
  • Technology assistance – SBIR/STTR, Intellectual Property, Cyber Security
  • AERO B2B Marketplace – free services to grow your business

Located at the Communiversity
21740 S Ellsworth Rd.
(480) 731-8200

Queen Creek
Chamber of Commerce

Services Provided:

  • Advocates for public policy that supports a business friendly environment
  • Workforce development programs to ensure a qualified labor supply
  • Connect businesses to each other and the community
  • Resources for businesses from start-up to expansion
  • Business solutions when you run into roadblocks
  • Explore Queen Creek for visitors and new residents

Located next to Town Hall
22246 S Ellsworth Rd.
(480) 888-1709
Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube, and Twitter @QueenCreekChamber

Town Council Special Event Request for New Business Grand Opening Attendance

To request a special event for a Grand Opening of a new business, please use the following link to fill out the Town Council Special Event Request form. This form is designed to help us coordinate and support your event effectively.


New Business Need to Knows

Do I need a business license?

Yes, all businesses, including home-based businesses, require a business license. Click here to apply.

How can I renew my business license?

The Town emails a renewal invoice to all businesses 30 days prior to the license expiration date. Please notify the Town Clerk’s office at (480) 358-3211 if you do not receive a renewal invoice or if you change your email address. Online payment is available through Citizen Self Service.

How do I obtain a Transaction Privilege (Sales) Tax license and pay my Queen Creek sales tax?

The Arizona Department of Revenue (ADOR) collects the Town of Queen Creek tax along with the State and County tax. Contact the ADOR to apply for a tax license or get more information at or (602) 255-3381.

Are there any other business-related licenses or permits I should know about?

Yes. Permits are required for temporary signs including grand opening banners. Feather flag signs are not permitted. Permits are required for temporary uses (eg. grand opening events).

Temporary sign permits and temporary use permits are issued by the Planning Division. Call the Planning Shared Line at (480) 358-3092 for more information.

Do I need a business license for special events?

Individuals or businesses who would like to become a vendor at a Town-sponsored special event must complete an application with the Queen Creek Recreation Services Division. A Queen Creek business license is not required; however, vendors must report to the Department of Revenue and pay tax on their sales. Sales made at special events, festivals, trade or craft shows are subject to the same tax obligations as a retail store. Use the Transaction Privilege Tax Application (short form) to report taxes.

If you’re interested in hosting a special event, download the Special Event Permit Application to get started. Should you have any questions, please email Brittany Drew at

Is my business located in Queen Creek?

Having a “Queen Creek” postal address does not necessarily mean that you are within the Town’s incorporated boundaries. For a map of Queen Creek Town boundaries visit If you are opening a business in unincorporated Pinal County or San Tan Valley, please contact Pinal County at (520) 866-6442.

New restaurants are under construction in Downtown
Ocotillo Intersection
Ocotillo Intersection